When is it ok to give intravenous injection of Epinephrine?
Thanks for posting your query.
Intravenous injection of epinephrine (1:10,000) can be given by a paramedic in
(1) treatment of acute hypersensitivity (anaphylactoid reactions to drugs, animal serums and other allergens)
(2) treatment of acute asthmatic attacks to relieve bronchospasm not controlled by inhalation or subcutaneous administration of other solutions.
This can also be given in case of a heart block but that sould be given under the guidance of a physician.
It can be given intravenously in any of the approachable peripheral veins.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Adrenaline epinephrine injection
- Carbocaine with epinephrine
- Marcaine with epinephrine
- Epinephrine in the body
- Novocaine with epinephrine
- Side effects of epinephrine injection
- Epinephrine injection dosage
- What are the side effects of articaine and epinephrine injection?
- Epinephrine injection anaphylaxis
- Metabolism of epinephrine
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?