When is Meprate tablet prescribed?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 2 May 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,
Wanted to know why meprate tablet is taken?
I want to prepone my periods went to doctor on 20th and my periods date is on 27th.
Doctor told I will get in 2days or if I continue till 29th I will get after a week to postpone
I'm confused and Doctor didn't even answer properly

Kindly let me know how will it work because there is a function on 27th
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Postpone your periods

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear thanks for trusting health care magic.
You should rather postpone your periods by taking meparate till 27 or 28th.
On leaving the drug you will get periods in 3-5 days.
Preponing them is not possible and not a reliable method either.
In case you have any questions in future you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 8 hours later
Thank you Doctor
But I've been taking Ayurvedic medicine from past 13 days to prepone my periods but didn't get till now hence I went to a gynecologist.
From past couple of days I was getting the feeling of getting periods with symptoms like bloated stomach, chest tightness and lots of vaginal discharge so Doctor will I get my periods in couple even upon taking meprate? Kindly let me now. Also Doctor can I continue going to gym till 27 th or should I stop except using to postpone my periods?
Kindly let me know Doctor

* or should I stop exercising till 27 th if I have to postpone my periods while taking meprate

Doctor could you reply to the above question badly need to know
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Should start meparate

Detailed Answer:
sorry for the delay in reply as I was struck in some emergency.
Start taking meparate dear and don't worry about the Ayurveda medicine because meparate is a strong progesterone and will most likely Supress periods till desired.
But in case you start periods like discharge (though chances are very less) then it will occur in next 2-3 days only so it is important for you to take meparate and enjoy your function properly.
You can continue with gym as before.

Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 30 minutes later
Thanks a lot Doctor that was really nice of you.
I've started taking meprate from yesterday once daily since I need to go to temple on 27,28 and 29 Doctor as told me to take 2 per day on these 3 days.
Since I had heard that exercise will start period early so was curious to know whether in case on exercising and taking meprate would not postpone periods. so it's safe know Doctor to exercise with meprate also I'll be travelling to temple on these 3 days would stress or travelling after exercise will not lead to periods during these 3 days know Doctor?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
No dear, both ways nothing to worry.
You will not get your periods until you miss a dose of meparate, so keep taking it daily without missing a single dose and everything will be fine.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina