When is IV medication advised?

Question
WHEN IS ITNECESSARY TO HVE AN iv TREATMENT?
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
In various cases

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question answered I understand your concerns .. if you mean the need for IV medications in general then it is needed in the following situitations:
1) an irritant drug to the stomach or the digestive system needs to be avoided orally and taken intravenously
2) an irritant drug to muscles needs to be avoided intramuscularly and taken intravenously
3) a medication that can be digested in the digestive system and loses its nature needs to be taken intravenously
4) when an instant effect of the medication is needed such as emergency cases needs to be taken intravenously
But if you mean the need for IV fluids , then they are needed in the following situations:
1) to restore acid base balance in case of dehydration or shock
2) to restore blood volume in case of severe bleeding
3) to restore blood pressure in case of sever hypotension
4) to give medications that needs to be taken in diluted slow form such as pareneral iron therapy
5) to provide nutrition in cases where patient cannot be provided food by mouth..
I hope you find this helpful