question-icon

When is Betacap Tr 40mg prescribed?

Posted on Thu, 21 May 2015
Question: What reason is Beta cap tr 40mg prescribed for....I am suffering from hyper thyroidism
Answered by Dr. Ajish TP (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Decrease the symptoms of hyperthyroidism

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM. I have gone through the question and understand your concerns.

Betacap tr is a beta blocker ( anti BP medication). The use in hyperthyroidism is symptomatic improvement like decrease in heart rate, tremor and anxiety (which are the common symptoms in hyperthyroidism). It also decrease the conversion of thyroid hormone T4 to active hormone T3.

Hope I have answered your questions. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help you.

Dr Ajish TP [MD,DM]
Consultant Endocrinologist
Dr. Ajish TP

Endocrinologist