When does withdrawal bleeding start after taking Nordette?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: if i take nordette august 4 when will be my withdrawal bleeding? my monthly period is usually on 3rd week of the month.. i dont feel any side effects like nausea and vomitting.just like what they say
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It depends on when you stop it.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

It depends on when you stop it. Usually you will get periods within 5-6 days of stopping nordette.

So if you took last nordette on Aug 4 then you will get periods within august 10 th.

If you are not getting side effects it is good and DOES NOT mean the drug is not working.

Some women do not get side effects normally.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 3 minutes later
when i take nordette as emergency pill does it mean that my withdrawal bleeding is also become my monthly period?
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX

Yes, your withdrawal bleeding will become your new monthly period.

That means every month you will now get your periods around the time you had withdrawal bleed ie near 10th of a month.

Dr. Som
if that will be my monthly period why is it i dont experience breast tenderness and cramps just like i experience before when my monthly period is coming
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Dear,

Because you are on hormones which itself is a cure for breast tenderness and cramps.

During normal periods hormones go down slowly over many days before menses and during this time you have breast tenderness and cramps due to the deficiency.

But here you are stopping suddenly and menses comes before there is time for breast tenderness and cramps.

Dr Som MD