When does a new birth control pill start to show its effect?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: i have justed switched birth control pills due to the fact my last birth control pills caused me to spot between periods. so now i have someone containing larger amounts of hormones. i took my old pills 6 month . How quick should i expect a change before i know they have helped ...does it require the first 3 month to see fully results like when you start or should the effect if these work start now
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Evident effect in this cycle only

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for Trusting health care Magic.
Good to talk to you again.
These new pills will show their effect in same cycle itself and most probably you will not have any breakthrough bleeding this time but in case you have it in this cycle then total relief in next cycle will be there.
All the best best.