When do periods start after taking Regestrone tablets?
I want to postpone my period. One of my friends suggested me to take Regestrone tablets. I want to know after taking regestrone tablets this month, will the periods take place on shifted date or the original date? Or is there a way to prepone it?
On shifted date.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Regestrone tablets contain the active ingredient norethisterone, which is a synthetic hormone similar to the naturally occurring sex hormone, progesterone. This medication is used to prolong the periods in women who are not pregnant.
It should be started at least five days before the expected date of your periods as these medicines take at least 72 hours to produce their complete effect.
You need to continue these tablets until the date for which you want your periods to be postponed. Next periods will happen 28 days after this new period date.
I would advise you to consult your gynecologist who after ruling out all the contraindicating factors will prescribe you the agent best for you.
For preponing the periods hormonal preparations are given for a week to 10 days before depending for how long you want to prepone the period.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
mild side effects.
Thanks for writing again.
There can be mild side effects like nausea vomiting weight gain breast heaviness headache etc. You can take these tablets for 14 days at a stretch.
The periods can come 2-3 days before 28 days in case you have a history of menstrual irregularities earlier.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
You can take a single tablet 5 mg twice a day and start at least 5 days before the expected date of your periods. Continue it for 14 days and then stop taking it. You will have your periods in next 3-4 days.
No special precautions are needed. Avoid taking any other medicines to avoid any interactions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Regestrone tablet to get periods back
- Regestrone tablet dosage to delay periods
- Not getting period after regestrone tablet dosage
- I didnt get period after regestrone tablets for 5 days
- Regestrone tablets dosage for getting period
- Regestrone tablets to delay periods
- Regestrone tablets for irregular periods
- Regestrone tablets use in ireagular periods
- When to take regestrone tablets to delay periods for 12 days
- To prepone periods regestrone tablet dosage
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...