When do periods start after taking Norethisterone?
After 20th August.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Your period in August will start 4 weeks from the date when your period starts in July after a delay of 2 weeks.
To delay the period it is best to start taking the pill on 5th July- 5 days before the expected date to be on safer side and continue it till 21st. Your next period will be expected in the last week of August.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Just one query though - I have read other reviews and it recommends you only take Norethisterone for no more than 14 days, but in your response the time span is 17 days - 3 days more? Do you think this would pose a problem?
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. Taking it for more than 14 days can cause an intermittent spotting. It is best to take it from 6th to 20th July.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking norethisterone when period has started
- Missed period in month after taking norethisterone
- Periods absent after taking norethisterone
- Norethisterone shorten period started
- Norethisterone to start period
- Missing a period after taking norethisterone
- When taking norethisterone will my next period be late
- Period started can i take norethisterone to stop it
- What causes scanty periods after taking norethisterone
- Will norethisterone work if taken when periods start