When can squinting be diagnosed in a newborn?
The earlier the better.opthalmoscopic examination to be done.
Thanks for query,
As child is just 6 months old Bruckner test or the Bruckner reflex would be done by an opthalmologist using opthalmoscope to check for strabismus.
No its not common thing and shoud not be neglected the earlier the problem is detected better are the chances of recovery post treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Newborn apnea when crying
- What happens when diagnosed with leukemia
- Squint eyes in newborn babies
- Test used to diagnose hiv for newborn
- When is mermaid syndrome diagnosed
- Squinting in newborn babies
- Newborn shakes when hungry
- Diagnose indigestion in newborn babies
- My babys squints when he eats
- Newborn baby diagnosed with klepsiella pneumoniae
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?