When can pregnancy be planned after a miscarriage?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: We want to understand if it is a good time for baby plan in coming month.
History: I had miscarriage - 6 weeks fetus due to missing heartbeat in Feb, 2012. DNC was carried out for it. Then, I had a healthy baby boy in Feb, 2013. Again, I had a miscarriage in Oct 2014 - 7.4 weeks due to lost heartbeat of fetus. DNC was carried out for it.

Along with me, my husband had medication for folic acid (fol123) two month before we planed every time.

After second miscarriage, we both did Vitamin D3 and B12 tests which are attached for reference.

I have low vitamin D3 and my husband has low vitamin D3 and B12. Doctor advised D3 (Troyvit-D3 once a week) and B12 (MBSON-SL once a day) medications for both of us for 3 months.

After medication, we did tests for D3 & B12 which are attached for reference. These tests were done few months back from today. We take Folic Acid (Folvite MB) medicine from 6+ months but have stopped other medicines.

Kindly advice about initial question and if any further tests require.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pregnancy losses...likely thrombophilia...explained

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to Healthcaremagic.com.
Considering the fact that you have already suffered 2 abortions, both were missed abortions. Now vitamin d3 and B12 levels though were initially less in you both but they are not the reasons for the missed abortion at all. This is intact found in 30 percent -45% of XXXXXXX population in reproductive age group. So correcting the levels wouldn't have an effect on pregnancy.
There is no problem in conceiving as i can sebum rather maintenance of pregnancy and heart beat disappearing suddenly after appearing once.
The causes can be likely luteal phase defect or THROMBOPHILIAS ( either acquired or inherited). It is suggested that you should get evaluated for APLA, ANA, ANTITHROMBIN-3, PROTEIN C& S DEFICIENCY, LAC aND PROTHROMBIN 20210A MUTATION GENE. These form a part of the screening.
Recurrent pregnancy losses are seen more often in such thrombophilia cases and can be prevented if found by a set treatment protocol for such patients which you can discuss with your obstetrcian and take an informed decision.
I hope i have answered in detail,
wishing you safe pregnancy,
You may contact further directly with details and further reports.
The reports at present for vitamin d3 and b12 are normal. But get a thrombophilia screen, thyroid levels done to rule them out.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 24 hours later
We had done genetics analysis of fetus too. Attached that report for further analysis.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
thrombophilia screen is must

Detailed Answer:
hello,
The karyotyping reports are normal for the dead fetus..
You should get the thrombophilia screening for your wife. This would be important.
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist