When can dialysis frequency be reduced?

Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju

Nephrologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Question: How can i come to know that my dialysis frequency should reduce now?
Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
no change

Detailed Answer:
hi,
the standard dose if dialysis for evry one on the erath is three times a week and each for 4 hrs. It comes to around 12 hrs aweek, which is just sufficient to maintain the bodily requirements. This was tested again and again in several patients and found that a less is insufficient and more is not really required. But, the clinical wisdom of the nephrologist since several years suggests that the more the dialysis the more better would be the function of the body. Tassin is the place where the best dialysis in the world takes place also showed that the more the dialysis the better will be the outcome and people on daily nocturnal dialysis ( daily for 6-8 hrs , except on sundays) would make the person nearere to a normal person with out any drug therapy. Hence , it is advised for you also not to take "less /inadequate " dialysis. Any amount of " a decrease or inadequate dialsys would result in a slow and gradual deterioration in bodily activities /energy which which will be realied only at " appoint of no return". So, there is nothing like a reduction in the frequency of dialysis
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj