When can I expect to loose hair after chemotherapy?

Dermatologist
Question
When do I expect to loose my hair?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hair loss associated with chemo depends on drug

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you had received chemotherapy last year, so it looks like it's been more than six months since your chemotherapy has stopped.
I would like to tell you that hair loss does not occur with all chemotherapy. Whether or not your hair remains as it is, thins or falls out, depends on the drugs and dosages.
Hair loss may occur as early as the second or third week after the first cycle of chemotherapy, although it may not happen until after the second cycle of chemotherapy.
Hair loss can be sudden or slow.
You may lose all of your hair or just some of it.
So in your case, it looks like you have just developed a thinning of your scalp hair after chemotherapy which is a good thing.
You can expect regrowth of the lost hair from three to six months after therapy is completed or in some cases it may take even slightly longer.

Dr Geetika Paul