When are adrenocorticotropic hormone, renin kidney function, aldosterone and mass spectroscopy tests done?
These are adrenal gland (the gland over the kidney) and kidney hormones that play a role in blood pressure and electrolytes
I carefully read your question.
All the tests you mention are hormones that are produced by the kidney (renin) and the gland over the kidney, adrenal gland (adrenocorocotrpic hormone and aldosterone). All these hormones are part of the mechanisms for blood pressure control and also for the electrolytes in our body. The mass spectometry is not a specific test, it is the method these hormones are checked.
The reason why the doctor might have asked for these tests are different but are generally related to:
- problems with blood pressure or
- problems with the levels of electorlytes or
- general fatigue or
- if the urinalysis shows certain changes in urinary density
This is a very general information and not all might apply to you. To have a better understanding of what might be the sure reasons for these tests in you, it might be very helpful for us to know your symptoms and why did you need to see your doctor. What were your complaints?
I tried to give a detailed explanation with the information provided but please if you need more clarification reply to this message and let us know what are your symptoms and some history of your problem.
Antoneta Zotaj, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Kidney function tests
- Kidney function testing components
- Is borderline kidney function test a problem?
- Kidney function test borderline
- Low kidney function test
- Kidney function test results
- Kidney function blood test abnormal
- Liver and kidney function blood tests
- Kidney function test interpretation
- Kidney function test borderline 57
- What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
- What causes mildly raised INR level despite taking Warfarin?
- What does the following colposcopy report indicate?
- What do the following ultrasound reports indicate?
- What causes a red rash on the arm?
- What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
- Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
- What causes redness in the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having...