When are Ovigyn and Cabgolin Tablets prescribed?

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Wed, 2 Apr 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I was expecting my period on 15th XXXXXXX but didnt got and found spotting on 20th XXXXXXX for two days. Till 6th March I have no period and Doctor prescribed me for HCG test which was -ve. Steel I felt cramping and Spotting two days back. Doctor Prescribed me Ovigyn and Cabgolin Tablets. For what purpose these tablets are used ? I would like to know whether I am pregnant or not ? Should I wait for another Test ? If yes then after how many days I should go for it ?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) OVIGYN contains HCG hormone and it is given for induction of ovulation if eggs are not being released. Improper or absence of ovulation can lead to late period. CABGOLIN is given to suppress abnormal milk secretion without pregnancy and reduce serum prolactin level in case of hyperprolactinemia. It is also responsible for delayed period. 2) As your last test results were negative, then possibility of pregnancy is quite low. In absence of pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, mental stress, emotional upset irregular diet, over weight, pelvic infection etc can cause late or missed period. One pelvic ultrasound scan and hormone test will be worthwhile to rule out the underlying cause and confirm the diagnosis. Therefore, you should consult with your local GYNECOLOGIST following above pregnancy test. 3) You may require progesterone pill (like Norethisterone etc) to induce your period on negative pregnancy test. Kindly, procure a complete prescription from your doctor. You should avoid mental stress & maintain genital hygiene properly. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326