What would cause pain on the top of my foot?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 in Lupus
Question: I have Gout, but yesterday I got a Gout like attack on top of my foot. Is it Gout or something else
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to gout.

Detailed Answer:
The pain on the top of the foot can be arthritis or gout - caused by joint inflammation. You can start with anti inflammatory pain killers which will help in reducing the inflammation and pain. In case the symptoms are persistent then do consult an orthopedician and get oral steroids and stronger medicines prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad