What would cause my left arm and hand to be

Question
What would cause my left arm and hand to be very weak and unsteady?
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stroke, local neurological problems

Detailed Answer:

localized weakness can be caused by either a local neurological problem (like compression of a motor nerve for example when passing through narrowed interspinous spaces) or a central neurological problem (like stroke). The same applies for unsteadiness. If these symptoms occurred just now, you should visit a neurologist or the ER for immediate assessment. A CT-scan and MRI of the head would exclude most central causes (including stroke, tumors, hemorrhage, etc). MRI of the cervical spine may exclude nerve compression. A less likely cause is neuropathy.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind Regards!