What would cause loose uncontrollable rectal bowel movements 3 years after an ileostomy?
Please give additional information
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
- Is ileostomy closed? Meaning you are passing stool through anus?
- Anything new in foods or beverages tried a few days back?
- Stool: Color, consistency, smell?
- Any mucus and/or blood?
Any constitutional symptoms like fever, malaise, body ache, chills?
Abdomen: Bloating, nausea, vomiting, pain?
Till then please be well hydrated by taking plenty of oral fluids, use boiled for 20 minutes and cooled water. Take banana, yogurt/curds, activated charcoal tablets.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. T Chandrakant
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats a incontinent ileostomy
- Feeling bloated after an ileostomy
- Headaches after ileostomy
- What causes ulcers around the stoma after an ileostomy
- Brown discharge after ileostomy
- Imodium after ileostomy reversal
- What is a ileostomy
- Pain after ileostomy
- Constipation after ileostomy reversal
- What causes ileostomy dizziness and weakness