What would cause extreme itching around my anus? I had

Gastroenterologist
Question
What would cause extreme itching around my anus? I had diahorreah a few hours ago and ended up with just a liquid (almost odorless) oozing out ........and now, the intense itching! The liquid has stopped now but the itching made it difficult to get to sleep, but after extreme scratching and relieving the itch, I was able to get to sleep around 11 o'clock tonight. I was awakened by the itch a few minutes ago and it seems to be worsening!
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Elderly Problems
Follow-up: What would cause extreme itching around my anus? I had 9 minutes later
I don't know if there is any correlation or not, but I will add that I have been having for years a constant itching in both ear canals. I am on the medicine, drops of neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and hydrocortisone otic solution. I seem to remember my dad always scratching his ears a lot through the years before he passed away about 30 years ago.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pruritus ani.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic my dear patient,
Have seen your details and i appreciate your concerns.

Most likely you are having pruritus ani. Usually itching get worse after bowel or at night,Scratching further increases it.Most likely cause in your case seems to be fungal infection(due to frequent stools(watery) the area becomes wet and good for fungus to develop.

I would suggest you to keep the area dry.
Use any over the counter antifungal lotion over the are thrice.
Keep spraying antifungal powder over that are to keep it dry.
Clean all your undergarments.

You would feel better in a day or two.
Hope i was helpful.