What would cause a 33 year old male to start
This could be due to anxiety or hallucinations.
Hello thanks for using ask a doctor service
Hearing voices in head could occur in a number of conditions. One is, in severe anxiety. Sometimes in severe anxiety individuals hear sounds in head. These are sounds like running machines or could be ringing in ear.
Some ear related causes could also result in such symptoms.
Hearing clear sounds or voices occurs most commonly in some psychotic conditions. Psychosis can result in hearing voices like voices commenting or voices discussing etc. These are seen in auditory hallucinations. These voices are not heard by any other individuals.
Please provide me details what kind of voices you are talking about.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?