question-icon

What would a bloated stomach, belching and an unpleasant taste in the mouth be symptoms of?

Posted on Tue, 14 Jan 2020
Question: I have a bloated stomach, burping and an unpleasant taste in my mouth; chest area. Feels like someone has their fist in my stomach. I do take aspirin. Can't get into my Dr until May 21.
Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
This is acid reflux. Take pepcid 20mg daily!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your information fully. This is suggestive of acid reflux. In the interim, take omeprazole 20mg daily. Also, avoid fatty meals, going to bed too soon after eating, eating late at night and also raising the head of your bed while sleeping at night. furthermore, stop smoking if you do, alcohol, coffee, chocolate and fatty meals as these make your symptoms worse.

I hope this helps and guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah