What will be the effects of stopping Aricept?
"Slow reaction time" most probably related to thyroid hypofunction.
Welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Memory problems are not only related to Dementia, they can be feature of aging, or, in your case, are most probably related to thyroid gland hypofunction.
You are right about Aricept ( donezepil), it is used in moderate to severe memory disfunction mainly related to Dementia.
Since its use (Aricept) is not resulting in symptoms improvement, you should stop it.
In my opinion, there is need for thyroid function evaluation ( thyroid hormones tests, T3,T4and TSH), or, if already done and resulted hypofunction, thyroid hypofunction treatment.
This last issue needs to be discussed with your primary care Doctor.
Hope I helped you. I remain at your disposal for further questions or clarifications.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is chills a side effect of aricept?
- Aricept side effects elderly
- Side effects of aricept donepezil
- Is nosebleeds a side effect of aricept?
- Common side effect of aricept
- What will be the downfalls if aricept is stopped
- Adverse side effects of aricept
- How long is aricept effective
- Major side effects of aricept
- Is bloating a side effect of aricept?