What type of foods can be given for an 4 month old infant?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: My baby is now 4th month, is there anything that I should start doing it? like any eating preference, anything that we should start for the baby, as of now its only Monther's milk.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing new needs to be done. Continue breastfeeding

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Congratulations on having a baby. Breast milk is the best possible feed for a baby upto 6 months of age and there can be no alternatives for the same. It is good to hear that you have been exclusively breast feeding your baby till now. Please continue it upto 6 months of age before you introduce thick liquids and semisolids. The weaning can be done at 6 months, using fruit juices or porridge. Thereafter you can move to mashed boiled potatoes, mashed ripe bananas etc. Gradually introduce one new food item per week and stick to it for at least that week. But that is not for another two months.

Continue to breast feed your baby and things will be fine. Nothing new needs to be done as of now.

Feel free to write back in case of further queries.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 54 minutes later
Thanks for the quick response.

I have also heard that many, by using a oil we can change the baby complexion.
so the skin become fair, white skin. do you have any specific ways to make it fair and white for baby? ( this only happens for babies because its a developing stage)
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You cannot make the skin fairer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Use of oil does not affect skin complexion. In fact, oil is not even absorbed through the skin; it lubricates only the outside.

You cannot make a baby fairer. Stop trying. Never bother to try. It will only frustrate you and will waste your money for nothing.