Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What type of food should I take to reduce eosinophil count?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1583 Questions
hi, to reduce eosinophil count, (536 cells ll be there), how to reduce these cell? which type of food is required to reduce cells? can u pls help us...
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Oral cortiosteroids Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Oral cortiosteroids like Prednisolone at a single daily dose of 30 to 60 mg will reduce eosinophil count. If not responding than chemotherapeutic agents may be given. Eosinophila may be caused by food allergies in some(ie egg, fish, nuts etc..). Such foods has to be avoided. You should learn to avoid food items which causes allergy for you. This is what is advised in many studies related to eosinophila and food allergy. All other food can be taken in your diet without any specific consideration to many particular food. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor