Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

What type of doctor should I consult for lower back pain caused due to masturbation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1525 Questions
I have lower back pain that I think may be linked to my prostate. I am a 22 year old male. The pain is only in my lower back (no pain in penis, testicles, anus, or perineum). I recently hurt my lower back (mildly) from doing squats. My lower back is now sore but I can remain active. The funny thing is that the soreness is similar to a lower back pain that I believe was caused from masturbation. I used to masturbate a few times in a day and it would cause my lower back to be sore. Going for long periods (a few weeks) without ejaculating would also cause the same effect. There is a general soreness, but sometimes I get a sharp pain in my lower back when I bend at the waist. I try not to masturbate (or ejaculate in any way) anymore for religious and relationship reasons. I believe the back pain I am now experiencing could be due to synergistic effects of a mild exercise injury (something that I have had and typically recover from in 3 days, it has been a week now) and possibly an inflamed prostate. It feels good (or relieves soreness) when I stretch my lower back in a way that is similar to the way that Muslims prostrate themselves (head and knees on the ground) when they pray. I also notice when I have a bowel movement (including urination) or sometimes when I only urinate that there is semen in my urine (only happens if I have not ejaculated in over 5 days or so). I think pushing with the muscles around my colon creates pressure on my prostate gland and causes semen (sometimes nearly half as much as typical ejaculation) to be secreted from my penis. I don't know if this is helpful or is typical among men who do not masturbate. I am thinking that these could be symptoms of prostatitis. What actions should I take or what type of doctor should I see? I would prefer to continue to not masturbate, regardless of health implications. Sorry my description is so graphic. Thank you for your help.
Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult a physiotherapist Detailed Answer: Hello Thans for choosing wwww WWW.WWWW.WW I think your back is sore due to the squats only. It has nothing to do with prostatitis or masturbation. Masturbation is a harmless technique of sexual self stimulation. It is proven beyond doubt that it causes no physical,mental or sexual problem,either immediately or in long term. Prostatitis will result in difficulty in passing urine and discomfort in ejaculation. What you are describing is the expulsion of secretions while you strain for passing stools. The colon moves forwards and rubs against the glands ,resulting in secretions. Their job is to lubricate the passage and clear the pathway for passage of sperms. Whether you want to masturbate or not is your personal decision. For sore back, you need to consult a physiotherapist for exercises to relieve the soreness Any further queries are welcome Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What type of doctor should I consult for lower back pain caused due to masturbation? 12 hours later
Okay. So it is normal to have semen in my urine. Only, as I have said. I have had a sore back when not exercising that seemed to correlate with ejaculation. Is it possible that the muscle movements from having an orgasm could cause this? Or possibly another prostate problem?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: soreness of back is unrelated to soreness Detailed Answer: Hello Ejaculation can't cause sore back.I think sore back is due to squatting or other exercises you undertook. Prostate problem is not a possibility at all. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor