Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be done for fever, sore throat and vomiting?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 300 Questions
hi.. my mom not well due to she is puked continuously today she cant able to eat any of the foods she is totally lost all of her strength help me what to do now .. she is having fever, and got sore throat.. this is 3 or 4 time since by three weeks ..
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sheeba Stephen 54 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Since your mother is having fever, sore throat and vomiting, it is likely that she is having some infection. The probable cause for her continuous vomiting may be a acute gastro-enteritis.

Now, continuous vomiting can often lead to dehydration and salt loss. These problems can then result in other serious complications. So, the most important thing to do is to ensure that she is hydrated well. I would suggest that you keep giving her Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) to replenish the water ans salt loss. If she is having a lot of nausea, then she can take small sips frequently. In addition you can also give her an antacid to control the hyper-acidity because of poor food intake.

However, if the vomiting is continuous and severe, then she may need iv fluids and further treatment to control her vomiting and fever. Moreover, since you have mentioned that she has been having these symptoms 3 -4 times in the last 3 weeks, it is better to get a proper evaluation done, in order to find out what the exact problem is. So, I would advise you to take her to a hospital for an evaluation and further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Emergency Medicine Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor