Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be done for erectile dysfunction?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
hello i am male 24 years i am having trouble having an erection i tried to have intercourse twice but could not get erection. i was getting weaker erections from the past year. More over i some times feel dizzy while urinating, cant have an erection while standing up and more over my penis has shrunk considerable pls help. I drink weekly and smoke daily about 9 cigarettes. I am sure its not psychological or due to cigarettes as i have been smoking from past 6 years and only in the last year i developed this issue.
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
Thanks. What you experienced is most probably performance anxiety.
Life style changes to be done are----
1.     Light and early dinner, so that the stomach is empty at bed time.
2.     Prolonged foreplay.
3.     Diet XXXXXXX in dry fruits like dates, raisins and nuts.
4.     Gels are available which can be bought on prescription – if necessary.
5.     Erection enhancing medicines can be prescribed after doing physical examination and having a look at all the medicines you are taking. This can bring the required confidence back.
6.     Kindly Quit smoking, as it has been proved beyond doubt – to reduce the blood flow to the target organs.
8.     The penis size does not shrink- it only appears so, as it changes in size according to the need.
The medicines (and gel) are given only on written prescription and kindly XXXXXXX a nearby urologist.
Periodic bladder emptying can reduce the dizziness.
This is the scientific approach for one with your problem.
There is no single step to the solution and all the above may be needed for effective treatment.
Hope I have answered your queries. Kindly get back for doubts if any---
Dr G Srinivasan,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What treatment should be done for erectile dysfunction? 8 hours later
thanks for the reply i have one more doubt i masturbate very frequently my left side is bulged is this a nerve damage i wanna knowi had pretty strong erctions back home but after i came abroad they subsided i am a vegan what diet should i follow
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 37 minutes later
Welcome back.
The bulge may mean left varicocele. Pls get yourself checked by a nearby doctor.
Diet XXXXXXX is dry fruits is beneficial.
Environment change can have a negative impact on erection.
Once you settle, probably things should become better.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What treatment should be done for erectile dysfunction? 6 hours later
my issue is i can still sometimes manage an erection sitting down but loose it instantly when i stand up so does this have to do anything with bloodflow and i have read something about micnutrition syncopee is it relavent in my case
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later

Welcome back.
Kindly follow the advice given by me in the first reply in relation to the erection issue. Pls give some time and it should settle.
Micturition syncope is a rare entity described mainly in theory. It is due to sudden emptying of full bladder.
That's why i had mentioned already that Periodic bladder emptying can reduce the dizziness.
Wish u best health,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What treatment should be done for erectile dysfunction? 11 days later
i am following all u have suggested but still i cant see any improvement. plus i heard over masturbation is not good for the tissue so i just want to ask is shilajit ok to use or not without a medical consultation
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Welcome back.
You may not see instant improvement. You may have to wait for more time.
I am sorry, i cant understand your question, can you be clear please?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What treatment should be done for erectile dysfunction? 3 hours later
thanks 4 the reply. What i mean is i masturbate frequently once or twice a day from past 7 years i read somewhere over masturbation can lead to weakness of tissues and nerves. I was also told shilajit a herbal supplement is pretty useful in getting sexual stamina back so my ques is it is a herbal suppliment but i want to make sure there are no side effects. Plus if its ok to use supplements can i use some other supplement alternative to shilajit as it is very hard to find that at the place i am
thank you
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 minutes later

Masturbation is not known to cause any weakness, physical or mental.
If you are still worried, try to reduce the frequency.
I am sorry i am an allopathic practitioner and hence unable to comment about the herbal supplement.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor