Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

167 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What treatment should be done for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

Answered by
Dr. Das Arindam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1416 Questions

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: Dear Doctor, I am 31yrs male, married. I am not getting fully erection during sex and it is also getting lost in few minutes. And, also I am suffering from premature ejaculation. Please suggest that whether I should visit urologist or sexologist for my ED and PE problem, and could you please suggest a good doctor in navimumbai.
P.S: When I was studying in college (8-9yrs before), I did continuously 4-5 times masturbation. I am not sure, but I feel , I am getting this problem from that.
And, also 4yrs ago I took medicine for migraine head-ach as per doctor's prescription. The medicine was heavy dosage. After taking those medicines, my nervous were become very weak (I could not take 1 mug of water also in morning). After taking 1 month, I stopped those medicines and tried with ayurvedic medicine as per my local doctor's advice. Now, migraine is under control.
Please suggest for my ED and PE problem.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, sex is a very sophisticated function of body controlled by complex nervous system. That means many psychological factors control the act. For this reason, if you are in stress, tension, any type of mental trauma, you can experience this type of problems.

Now, medicines used for controlling migraine can rarely cause this type of conditions.

Masturbation is a physiological act. It is a misconception that masturbation can lead to this type of situation.

For this problem, you first try some yoga to get relief from stress. Try to listen good music. Go to movies. Take a break from your day to day life.

If life style modifications mentioned above do not give you any result, you need to visit sexologist first. If he finds any gross abnormality he will refer you to urologist.

In treatment, considering your previous history, sildenafil group of drugs are enough. For dosing you need to visit a doctor.

For premature ejaculation some traditional methods are available like squeezing of the base of penis when you feel you are going to ejaculate. You can withdraw penis when you feel you are going to ejaculate and wait for few seconds.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Premature ejaculation

doctor1 MD

when i talk to my Girl friend means just normal talks nothing emotional or excitement, I feel precum in my penis even in a 2minutes of talk also i find that. I am verymuch worried about this that am I normal or I am suffering from premature ejaculation.

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr,

I selected a boy who takes some pill to prevent Premature ejaculation
and he has gone through a breast surgery also.please advice me do can i get married with this boy or not.I like to know that will my sex life go normal after marriage or not.......

doctor1 MD

I am 33yrs old man suffering from premature ejaculation (i came to know after marriage). As soon as I enter my penis to vagina within 3 to 4 sec I ejaculate when my partner still aroused. I used to do masterbation since 15 yrs old.Please give the details treatment or solution.

doctor1 MD

I have recently noticed black skin on the side of my penis and also on the end of vein connecting to the tip of the penis...i am married and had no strings before...i also had a HIV test before my marriage and it was all clear
Also, i tend to have premature ejaculation...what is the best redemy that i could use or do to overcome otherthan those usually things you read on the internet

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have a problem of pre mature ejaculation, the sensitivity is too high and as a a result the climax is reached very fast.

doctor1 MD

I need a doctor to review and explain my semen analysis report Following are the two tests I have taken in the last month Test # 1 - 3rd Nov 2017 Color: Grey White Volume: 1.5 ml Consistency: Liquid pH: 8.0 Liquification time: 35 minutes Total...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am a 40 year old healthy male. Just wanted to ask you an important question. 1. Is it okay to rub the penis against my wife’s clothes for 10-15 minutes, when we both are wearing the clothes and doing foreplay in the initial stages. I...