Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What treatment do you suggest for dry itchy sore on but cheek?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 695 Questions
scab dry itchy sore on but cheek. when I scratch scad will come off bleed a little then re scabbed. this been going on for over a year.. the whole are of the skin seems abnormal. the black spot are sores that heals but there is one that does not want to go away..
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Lichen simplex... Steroid creams might help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing here. I went through the pictures submitted. Duration and your case history most probably suggest lichen simplex. This is a type of chronic eczema that is related to stress, friction ,underlying fungal infections etc. I suggest you to keep area dry. Use loose undergarments. Avoid scratching. A sedative antihistaminic like atarax at night will be helpful. In addition you need to apply a combination of topical steroid and antibiotic like fucibet for a few days. Follow up with a dermatologist to supervise this treatment. Hope this will help you. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor