Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What treatment can I take for an on and off pain in the penis after hurting it ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 17665 Questions
Hi Doctor,

I am a 23 year old man and had no sexual intercourse so far. This may sound weird, but recently when I woke up in the morning with an erect penis (morning wood) and suddenly got a call from my mom in my laptop, I rushed to my desk to answer the call and accidentally hit the flat edge of the desk with my penis head on. My penis was almost fully erect (but not 100% hard erection). I would say it was a moderate impact. There was no immediate pain, just a weird "impact" sort of feeling for some time. However, when I was masturbating the next day, after around 30 minutes of it, the right side of my penis BASE (or around it) where it connects to the pelvic region started hurting. It was not a constant pain, but pain was felt only when I was moving my penis. Afterward I tried abstaining from masturbation - it's been 15/16 DAYS since then with only 1 session of very light masturbation just to destroy the urge. I kept checking for pain everyday by pressing that area, and now the pain is not only near the base on the right side, it is also there in the soft pelvic tissue right above the penis (this also on the right side). Interestingly, I had sharp pain in this pelvic area before (thought it's related to pre-hernia muscle weakness), but the pain near the penis base is new. Yesterday I had this sharp shooting pain (like repeating pulses, with 1-2 mins between each pulse) going down the right side of my penis shaft, a few times in the evening, then later again at night - though I do not know if it's related.

Today I don't feel the other pain I described, but there is a new tingling, burning type of pain on the right tip of the glans that seems to get aggravated by pressure and movement, but an erection does not always aggravate it.

There is no noticeable bump, but I am really scared I might develop Peryonie's due to any microtear that might have occurred in the tunic. The more I check articles related to Peyronie's online, the more I am convinced that this is going to develop into Peyronie's. Here in Canada, I cannot go to an Urologist unless the GP refers me to them, but then again I'm afraid the GP won't because he might not understand how serious the situation is. What course of action should I take at this point? Should I start taking any medicine to reduce the chance of developing Peyronie's?
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

I read your long history of your suffering,as you struck with edge of table and your errect penis is hurt, it seems that your penile urethra is damaged.

Peyronie's disease presents with bending of penis and is very uncommon. It is usually seen between age 40 and 60, so you should not fear about it at all.

After impact there is inflammation take place leading to pain in pelvic area and whole penis. Due to hard struck and infection your whole penile structure become sore, resulting pain on the part.

Now as few days passed there is infection in urethra taken place leading to pain on tip of your penis. Tube of urethra is swollen due to infection spreading all along resulting pain in lower pelvis and penis.

Now you have to consult your doctor, he will go for urine, blood testing for assesing how much infection is spread. You need an Ultrasound of the penis soon which also rules out peyronie's which is a cause of concern to you.

You should not be worried as due to antibiotic age, you will be alright completely without any future problem. You will definitely be alright.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor