What to expect after undescended testicle surgery?
a period of 2-3 days at the maximum
Thanks for posting your query,
The age of 6 months is the perfect time to get the surgery done. So, if all the pre-operative work up is done, mostly they will advice your child to get admitted the day before or on the day of surgery. Post- op, normally you will be asked to stay for a period of 2-3 days at the maximum and not more than that. If all is well, you will be able to be discharged on the third day.
The cost of orchidopexy ranges from 30,000- 50,000/-. It depends on the hospital you plan to get the treatment. Even in corporate hospitals, the maximum cost would amount upto 50,000.
Hope I have answered to your query,
Please feel free to discuss further or else kindly close and give your feedback.
it is a pre- requisite to do work up before procedure
Thanks for the follow up,
As with any operative procedure, it is a pre- requisite to do some preliminary lab tests before they proceed with the procedure. This will be usually explained to you by your treating doctor.
The normal pre-op work up includes:
- body weight and height
- physical examination
- Complete blood count
- blood sugar levels
- Anesthesia fitness: normally general anesthesia will be given for your son. For this the anesthetist will assess his airway and dentures and then give clearance and fitness for the operation.
If all these have been done and clearance is obtained, then you will be advised accordingly on the date to get admitted.
Hope this helps
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Undescended testicle marfan
- What are the symptoms of undescended testicle?
- Undescended testicle and situs inversus
- Undescended testicles in children
- Alot of discomfort after undescended testicle operation
- Numbness after undescended testicle removal
- Location of undescended testicle
- Undescended testicle implant nhs
- Undescended testicle sperm morphology
- Kids who have had surgery for undescended testicle
- Suggest remedies for severe cough
- How long does Amoxicillin take to show effect?
- What causes weakness and tingling sensation in the legs?
- Suggest treatment for severe abdominal bloating and discomfort
- What causes headache and excessive burping after skipping a meal?
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- What causes mild pain in the ankle while walking?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking a contraceptive pill?
- What does this blood test report indicate?