question-icon

What to do when the placenta is low at 13 weeks of pregnancy?

Posted on Wed, 17 Feb 2021
Question: My wife is 13 week pregnant , last week she has a NT scan and doctor told that placenta is low,
Today morning she saw a blood drop in urine, please let me knwo what could be the reason and suggestions.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It could be due to urinary tract infection.

Detailed Answer:

If she is having blood in urine,it is most likely due to urinary tract infection.
Drink a lot of warm water and keep the area dry and clean.
As her placenta is low lying,she should take proper rest and it will go up with time.
As blood drop in urine ,you just find out that it is not due to vaginal bleeding.
Hope found useful,feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN