What to do when one has had reactions to statins like allergies?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
Hello Ma'am After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that this is basically a second line drug for the treatment of high cholesterol levels in patients who either cannot tolerate statins or who are not responding to statins.
Every drug has its own adverse effects and as you are allergic to many drugs as stated by you then there are chances that this could also cause allergic reaction.
However I would like to know how bad is your cholesterol levels? Can you upload your lipid profile reports for evaluation?
Dr Bhanu partap
No I didn’t got that information. If you already have multiple stents in place along with significantly high cholesterol then it’s important to take medication For cholesterol.
Praluent is a safe medication from liver point of view as it’s simply a protein which degraded into peptides thereby not causing any harm to liver.
It’s available only as a subcutaneous injection because by other routes like oral in tablet form, it’s not properly absorbed.
So it’s not going to come in pill form. I suggest you should give it a try.
Hope to have been helpful.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What allergic reactions would you expect to occur during allergy testing or allergy desensitization
- What does a dairy allergy look like
- What is the remedy for skin allergy when on cetrizinefrom
- What does milk allergy rash look like
- Statin causing skin allergy
- Oxy elite allergie reactions
- What is the remedy for hives when on allergy pills
- What do allergy hives look like
- What does a sun allergy look like
- Statin allergy to citrus