Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What to do if have extremely high BP levels?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
Recently checked my BP and BP level is 160/105 and after that checked sugar level and its normal so what to be follow next?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your blood pressure is on the higher limits.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your blood pressure number is above the normal limits. If three consecutive blood pressure readings taken on different times of a week show consistently high numbers, you will need to antihypertensive drugs. I suggest you to repeat the blood pressures preferably at a doctor's office on three occasions of a week. High numbers can be treated with calcium channel blocker or angiotension receptor blocker drugs. Your doctor will know about the medicines. I am glad blood sugar is normal. Keep them checked once in 6 months or once a year. Practice healthy life style - salt restriction and early morning brisk walks. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor