question-icon

What stomach aliments contribute to sticky semi-solid bowel movements?

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018
Question: i am sufering with gummy motions 4 times in this month every time i usely take medicen from medical shop after taking it workes 1 week & again repeting gummy motions
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Worm infection like giardiasis or amoebiasis.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

Do you have pain while passing stools? Do you see blood in the stools? What medicine did you use?

Gummy motion is motion unformed stools with mucus in it. It is mainly due to giardiasis or amoebiasis infection. Largely seen in people who eat outside food.

I suggest you to get CBC blood test and stool microscopy to check for ova, eggs and cysts.

Once the results of the test come please send it to me here.

I hope it helps.

Dr. Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam