What skin infection do the attached images indicate?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, What is this?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of either Eczematous Dermatitis or Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have viewed the image.

I will keep a possibility of Eczematous dermatitis - I can see blotchy, red patches with overlying scaling as well as crusted lesions. Another possibility is that this could be a Fungal infection.
I would like to gather more information from you in order to guide you better.
Is it itchy? Is it on both hands?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
yes and yes
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Topical steroid and oral antihistamine

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
Most likely it is Eczematous dermatitis.
I suggest you to use a potent topical steroid cream e.g either Mometasone furoate 0.1%cream or Clobetasol propionate 0.05%cream, twice daily. These are prescription medications and I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner regarding a prescription for the same.
In addition I suggest you to take a tab. cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching. Cetrizine is available OTC.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad