Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What should i do if i have i have endometriosis?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5968 Questions
what should i do if i have i have endometriosis? and no insurance.?
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: TREATMENT TAILORED AS PER SYMPTOMS. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. How was the diagnosis of endometriosis established, may I know that? Was it just clinical examination, or by ultrasound, or laparoscopy ? Sometimes, if you are asymptomatic no treatment would be required. If you have symptoms, then you would either have to seek treatment ( bearing the financial repercussions ) or live with the symptoms. Sometimes, endometriosis responds to mild OTC painkillers and antiinflammatory drugs or antispasmodics - these are not costly and have to be taken cyclically. In more severe cases, cyclical hormone therapy is required - in the form of progesterone tablets, oral contraceptive pills or progesterone containing IUDs ( intra uterine devices ). A person with average income can bear the cost by paying cash. My opinion is while under the treatment you should ask the doctors/staff for cash discounts. Now a days a lot of doctors give them if you pay cash instead of insurance. They need to claim the insurance which is a long process, paper work and takes few months of time. If you pay cash they avoid the process and pass on the benefit to you as discounts. In some cases, more costly gonadotropin injections might be needed. By this time you need to get the insurance. Surgery is always a last resort for refractory cases, or if there is a big lump formed by the endometriotic tissue in the ovaries / tubes. Please upload your complete investigations done so far, and the clinical symptoms, treatment taken so far etc. so that I can guide you accordingly. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor