Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12822 Questions
I have been on Augmentin for last days for chest infection. Feeling lousy but today feeling bit better so went to do food shop and there was a man in chemist doing test for cholesteral, BP, and sugar. my sugar and cholesteral fine but my BP was 190/55, said not good then remembered I said was sick so he said that was the reason my blood pressure was up.Of course i have now come home and feeling tight in chest but think I have put myself in a state of anxiety??
Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Hello Jenni,

Thanks for the query.

First of all I think the blood pressure that came was 155/90 and not 190/55. Such a wide difference between systolic and diastolic B.P. is not likely and if actually it was 190/55 then definitely you are in need of a physician.Second thing is chest infection and taking of Tab. Augmentin has got nothing to do with a raised blood pressure. If a fever is associated with your chest infection then it is quite likely that there is a mild rise in blood pressure.Next thing is feeling tight in the chest may itself be due to the chest infection or due to anxiety caused by the fact that your blood pressure is raised.Now it is best to get your B.P. checked at least twice a week from a qualified person and track the records to see the problem.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor