What should be the weight of an eight month old infant?
Try iron supplements
Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.
Your child is growing well . Don't worry.
7.5 kg last month is appropriate.
Usually the increase in weight is less in 7 to 12 months compared to first 6 months gain.
If your child is active and playful, don't worry
I would suggest few tips :
1. Iron supplement is needed for all babies at this age . Give for atleast 3 months. Iron will improve appetite and result in weight gain
I usually prescribe hemsi or Trifer drops 0.5 ml twice daily
Continue bb24 and nutramide.
2. Start giving home available foods in soft form. You can give rice, dual, gruel, Suji kheer, all vegetables and fruits.
Add one tsf ghee to each feed.
You can give non veg soups and egg yolk fully boiled too.
Wishing him good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cold remedy for my eight month old
- Black stool in eight month old baby
- Eight months pregnant what to expect
- What should be done to increase weight of infant
- What should 7 month olds heartrate be
- Grey black poop eight month old baby
- Absence seizure in eight month old baby
- Suji to eight month old baby
- What should 19 month olds weight be
- Fresh fruit juices for eight month old baby