What should be the starting dose for Prozac in a patient with depression and symptoms of bipolar disorder ?
Brief answer. It can be started with 20 or 40 mg
I have gone through your query and understand your concern towards your switching of medication from LEXAPRO to PROZAC because of no good results
I can say definitely say LEXAPRO is a good antidepressant but it may not work better for bipolar depression
I would suggest you start OLANZAPINE along with PROZAC which works very effectively for bipolar depression as this combination is known as symbaxa
So I would recommend you to discuss with your doctor about this combination drugs and start immediately, there is nothing to worry about suicidal side effect with this combination
Hope this information would help you
Feel free to ask any further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What tests should be taken to detect bipolar disorder
- Depression bipolar disorder suicidal heartache cure for symptoms
- Severe depression symptoms
- Sinusitis depression symptoms
- What are the symptoms of recurrence of bipolar disorder
- Manic depression symptoms in adults
- What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?
- Aggravated depression symptoms
- Oxy elite depressed symptom
- Depression symptoms in women menopause
- What is Akineton used for in the treatment of schizophrenia?
- How long does Temazepam make you sleep?
- Suggest ways to manage sudden bouts of anger
- Suggest a herbal treatment to help insomnia
- How can constant feminine thoughts and cross dressing be managed in a...
- Is Anti-rabies vaccination is required even if no indication of bat bite...
- Suggest appropriate OTC medication for anxiety
- Is it good to resume Adderall after discontinuation for many years for...
- Can reducing Lorazepam dosage cause anxiety?
- What contraceptive pills are effective at preventing pregnancy?