What should be the ideal weight when height is 5.5 feet?
I have successfully lost a lot of weight since nov 2013 (weight in nov- 77 kg; current weight - 59.5 kg). This was through exercise (weight training and cardio) and eating healthy nutritious food. My height is 5"5 inches.
There is a lot of confusing literature on the ideal weight for my height- what I wanted to know was that as doctors what level of weight would you be absolutely comfortable with for someone my height- we want to plan for pregnancy soon and I want to reach that most optimal weight level.
you have weight in normal range.
Ideal weight for the height of 5 feet 5 inches is between 50.4 kg to 66.4 kg. However if you are Asian in origin the upper limit is 61.1 kg. Because Asians have been recommended to keep a body mass index lower than non-asians. For them upper limit of body mass index is 23 as compared to 25 for non-asians for best cardiovascular benefits. Hence for all practical purposes you have weight in normal range.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Im 5 feet 11 inches tall what is my ideal weight
- What does it mean when smelly feet
- Numbness in feet when sitting
- Ideal weight for 5 feet 2 inches
- Scared of height feet tingling
- What causes tender feet in when having diabetes
- Height 6 feet weight 248
- 5 feet tall ideal weight
- Losing fingernails in hands and feet what should be done
- What does it mean when your feet tingle
- Taking atenelol and coversyl. Prescribed modafinil for hyper insomnia....
- 91 years old. Receiving breathing treatment. Found high pulse rate....
- Pain in abdomen below rib cage. Taking medicine for hypertension. Advise
- Increasing breathlessness. Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, heart...
- Best medicine for LDL cholesterol, triglyceride and hdl?
- Need help in reading ECG report. What is sinus rhythm?
- Have cardiomyopathy due to over workout at the gym. Is there any...
- Had pacemaker implanted. Diagnosed with pericarditis, postpericardiotomy...
- On Clondine for controlling Blood pressure. Wanted to switch to...
- Took perendopril, bendrthiazide for hypertension. Got swelling on ankle...