Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What should be the food-chart for an unhealthy child?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
what should be the food-chART for a unhealthy child(7 years)
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

For a child who is 7 years old, the nutrients she needs include protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. High-sugar, high-fat snack foods, juice, fruit drinks, soda, and milk between meals can decrease your child's appetite. So these should be in limit.

Apart from these, the diet chart of a 7 year old should include:

1)     Six to eleven servings each day of grains which can be ounce or about one cup of ready-to-eat cereal, one slice of brown bread, half a cup of cooked cereal, rice or pasta or two to three XXXXXXX cracker squares.

2)     Three to five servings each day of vegetables including a cup of raw, leafy vegetables, or one cup of bean or vegetable soup, half a cup of vegetable juice, one medium baked potato or 5-10 regular size french fries.

3)     Two to four servings each day of fruits including a medium XXXXXXX banana, peach, pear, or nectarine or half a cup of fruit juice.

4)     Two to three servings each day of milk or milk based products

5)     One serving of meat each day

Encourage your child to choose low-fat healthy foods such as lean meats, fruits, vegetables, and low-fat milk products and avoid fried foods, chips, and many snack foods.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor