What should be the dosage of Thyronorm for a TSH value of 6.04?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: My TSH is 6.04. I am on thyronorm 25 and thyronorm 50 on alternate days. Should I increase me dosage?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Should have increased only on advice of your physician.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on healthcaremagic. I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Indeed the dose should be increased but you should not do it on your own. You should consult a doctor and remain under his follow up. As of now the dose needs to be given daily instead of on alternate days. TSH levels need to be rechecked after 1 and half months and The dose should be finalized accordingly.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 15 hours later
I am taking Thyronorm tablets daily. On odd days I take Thyronorm 25 and on even days I take Thyronorm 50.
What I would like to know from you is whether I should increase the dosage by taking Thyronorm 50 daily instead of Thronorm 25.
Awaiting your advice,
Regards, XXXXXXX XXXX
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
If I had a patient like you, I would have suggested him to take Thyronorm 50mcg on all days.