Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What should be done when pregnancy test comes positive?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6486 Questions
Today morning i did a pregnancy test and found it positive. we havent told this to anyone and never met a doctor in this regard. What should we do now?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You should consult your gynecologist. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM You should consult your gynecologist. You need few investigations for a healthy baby. Firstly Ultrasound of pelvis should be done to confirm pregnancy,gestational age and site. You need investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Liver and kidney function test,Lipid profile,Thyroid profile,Blood group ABO and Rh typing,BT/CT(Bleeding and clotting time),Urine RE/ME,HIV and Hepatitis B & C test,Thalassemia screening,VDRL.Further investigations can be done if needed. You may need few medicines and supplementation depending upon the findings. Hope I have answered your question. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor