Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

What should be done to prevent moving sensation in capped lower teeth?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1957 Questions
XXXX@gmail. Do I have a dental problem? Hx of middle and outer ear infection treated and resolved. Long hx of tmj. Lower right back tooth is capped. Sensation of it moving at times. Radiating intermittent ear pain. Facial swelling and drainage from what feels like ear,tmj and tooth area. MRI negative per ent. Low grade fever at night, sweating. Dentist does not feel this is dental related. I feel therein is a problem under the cap. Would like to hear your opinion in this matter. Thanks. XXXX
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes this could be due to dental reasons. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX forum, Infection in the tooth can radiate its pain to the cheek and ear area. Facial swelling indicates presence of abscess which has developed from either infected tooth or ear. As you have mentioned you have been to a Dentist i would suggest you to take a second opinion regarding this. Visit to an Oral surgeon get a detailed examination done also take an IOPA X-ray of the capped tooth and get the TMJ examined. Also consult to an ENT Specialist. A thorough clinical and radiolgical examination is required for proper diagnosis and treatment plan. Hope this helps out, Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor