What should be done to normalize the elevated liver function parameters after viral fever?
While discharge my Liver Function Test (LFT) parameters were little over the upper limits, which has further shot up per latest LFT results post 5days of discharge (SGPT/ALT & SGOT/AST in specific).
Please review the attached discharge summary & latest LFT report.
Kindly advise what should I do next. Shall I continue the treatment under a pulmonologist or consult any other specialist?
Muzaffar Aqhil, Mohammed
Deranged liver enzymes are a part of hepatitis.
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
Viral hepatitis means inflammation of cells of liver.Liver is a organ made up of a number of cells.Each cell stores these enzymes inside them namely sgot sgpt etc.However when a patient has got hepatitis it causes inflammation of these cells leading to leakage of these enzymes into blood.
As per the reports i don't think you need to worry at all.Its a part of hepatitis and only when these enzymes are three times the upper normal value it is concerning clinically.
As of now i would suggest him to take treatment under a Gastroenterologist.
Viral serology test should be done.
Milk of thistle should be given twice daily .Its hepato protective.
Tablet Liv 52 should be given twice daily to patient.
Take a high carbohydrate and low fat diet.
Repeat the test after 2 weeks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses