Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

What should be done to increase height after the age of 29?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
What should be done to increase height about 4 inch after 29?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: epiphysis fused: ILIZAROV TECHNIQUE.good Nutrition Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX Growing taller normally and mainly depends on the genetic makeup and hormonal actions till the fusion of our bone epiphysis(can be seen with x ray of long bones) and secondarily depends on the nutrition and exercises. So if your epiphysis is not yet fused: 1. Then good nutrition with stretching exercises like swimming, cycling, aerobics will help you or 2. If there is any hormonal deficiency like growth hormone or thyroid hormone then the hormonal replacement will help you. The hormonal deficiency if present then they presents with other functional abnormality. If you have no other problem then the chance of hormonal deficiency is less. If your epiphysis has fused which will normally occurs by the age of 21-24 in male then growing 4 inch taller is not possible with improving nutrition or exercises or even with medicines. 1. The only option is surgical intervention like ILIZAROV TECHNIQUE. 2. Good nutrition and stretching exercises may help you. So have good nutritious food with exercises. Hope this explanation is helpful and informative to you. Please feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What should be done to increase height after the age of 29? 48 minutes later
What should be done to increase the thickness and length of hair of lady aged 20 What to be done to increase memory and keep our mind active
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nutrition, exercise, sound sleep. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing back. The density of hair and thickness depends on the number of hair follicles and the size of hair follicle respectively. So the number and size of hair follicle is dependent on genetic makeup. But we can keep hair healthy and strong by following these suggestions: 1) Take a protein powder, multivitamin tablets and well balanced diet. 2) Avoid smoking if smoker, keep stress free and exercise regularly. 3) Massage your scalp once with warm olive oil. 4) Avoid conditioners as it may make hair look lean and can use volumising shampoo to add volume to hair. Better to consult your doctor once for examination. You may also apply minoxidil 5 percent solution over scalp to improve hair growth but with your doctor's advice. For improving your memory and to be active you need to have good nutritious food, sound sleep for continuous 7-8 hour sleep and regular minimum 30min exercises with more of revisions. Memory depends on the depth of knowledge and hence you need to understand the concept and need to recall the subject. These will help you. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any queries. If satisfied you can rate my answer and write a review as well. Take care,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor