Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What should be done to heal lump on forehead caused after being hit by a falling trunk?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2105 Questions
I got hit on my forehead by a falling trunk about 10 months ago. It's about an inch below the hairline above my left eye. I still have a pretty large lump and it's very hard.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: A CT Scan will be helpful. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. The swelling might be only a soft tissue swelling and it will take some time for complete healing. However it is advisable to get a CT Scan of your head to rule out skull and internal injuries. A clinical examination and report of the CT will help in medical management. If it is not painful or the size is not increasing, you should not worry. Hot fomentation can help in reducing the swelling. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor