What should be done to diagnose the cause of the pain between the rib cage and lower right abdomen?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Aug 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have had pain for several days. in my right side, between my ribcage and lower right side of my abdomen.
what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A pain in right upper abdomen might need an ultrasound scan test

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

A pain in the right side of abdomen can be due to many causes including problems in the liver, gall bladder stones, right kidney stones. Other causes can include inflammation of the the bowel and any condition of the ribs or soft tissues.

It will help to see your doctor and get an ultrasound scan done as a primary imaging test and blood tests as clinically indicated.

Without clinical evaluation it is difficult to accurately make a diagnosis as there are many organs in the painful area.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 36 minutes later
Can this be an inflamed appendix or Diverticulitus.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
High placed appendix and diverticuli can cause such pain

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back with an update.

A high placed appendix or diverticuli in the proximal large bowel can cause such a pain.

I find that you have got a CT scan done for the liver and pancreas. Can I request you to please share any report details and findings of the CT scan.