Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What should be done to cure ecurred hernia after surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
My husband had his groin hernia repaired yesterday. Well this morning he coughed pretty hard and now his left ball (sorry) is now filled back up like it was before he had his surgery. Should I take him to the ER? I can't call The clinic because it closed today for thanksgiving. Or can we wait till tomorrow (friday) when his doctor will be in the office?
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 13 hours later
Brief Answer: You can wait--- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. It is unfortunate to know the crisis you are in. The worst part is that it could have recurred due to the mesh and the sutures given way. But, that is not a disaster as the A and E doctors are unlikely to do any surgical intervention because it is not life threatening. So it is not XXXXXXX to wait and see your specialist. Meanwhile, as a home remedy, let him use scrotal support in the form of a tight fitting underwear. Hope i have helped you, Truly, Dr Srinivasan G
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor