Please see the details
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).
First of all I will advise him to get an endoscopy
examination for correct diagnosis, like size of the hiatus hernia
, grade of oesophagitis and biopsy
to see for any dysplastic changes (Premalignant changes).
So accordingly question asked to treating doctor should include:
1. Will you like to do an endoscopy and biopsy from oesophagus
2. Chances of dysplastic changes and accordinly risk of malignancy
3. Can medicine be used for this and what are the success and failure rate of that. And for what period those medicines is to be taken. What are the side effects of those medicines
4. Any lifestyle modification will be helpful
5. Diet to be taken or avoided
6.Is any surgical management is feasible, if yes what are the success and failure rate. What will be the expenses, complications and duration of stay in hospital and when can routine work be done
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.